I’ve been watching some of the TV programmes about Asperger’s syndrome. Here are some of the qualities and gifts that people with Asperger’s have.
- They seek truth, not sham; reality, not opinion.
- They say it like it is, with no hidden agendas.
- They’re not limited by what others think.
- They’re direct; single-minded, focussed.
- They think in different ways.
- They are loyal, not scheming.
- They’re not interested in selfish gain.
- They persist.
Made me think that maybe Vicars could learn a thing or two from them. Made me wonder if Jesus was a bit Asperger.
I resolve to be more like them. Imagine what will happen when I tell some old trout to get her mangy old flowers out of the sanctuary. Or tell Mr Halitosis that his breath could strip the paint off the Forth Bridge.
Funny, I always thought I was Tourette’s. Maybe I should not be a Vicar.
The intellectual response, I see.
W*nk, w*nk, gobble, gobble – Mrs Brown’s boys